Job Title: Shipping/Receiving Associate
Supervisor: Parts Manager
Handle all duties relative to parts and accessories receipt and shipment. Assist in the maintenance of inventory accuracy and control inventory related records. Perform related duties as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for performing all functions related to the Receiving of parts and merchandise for all departments.
- Secondary responsibility consists of serving in the capacity of Inventory Control representative for both the P&A and General Merchandise Departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all merchandise is properly received, accounted for, and tagged properly and made available for sale in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date reference of inventory supply information for easy access by all department staff.
- Provide direct support and hands-on assistance to the P&A and Gen. Merchandise Managers in the markup, sale and disposal of merchandise.
- Maintain accurate, current inventory records.
- Possess a friendly, outgoing personality and professional customer service oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate the commitment to continually develop product knowledge.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the motorcycle industry and products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Basic knowledge of inventory control. Must have an approachable, likable personality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and outstanding follow-through skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, along with general email/internet.
- Experience using various Google Drive applications to include but not limited to Google Sheets and Google Docs a plus.
- 1 year of previous experience in shipping department preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, climb, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.